The Springstep Collective is a diverse group of five Minnesota artists working in a variety of materials and mediums.
- Diane Pearson of Diane Pearson Studio draws inspiration from nature in creating both finely inked drawings and delicate botanical paintings.
- Ellen Sweetman of livelybrush is a painter working in oils who explores the symbiotic relationship between human figures and the landscapes they inhabit.
- Pieter Maas of Maas Homestead is a blacksmith and woodworker forging heirlooms and objects of long lasting significance for multi-generational use.
- Steve Holzgraefe of mnima lighting creates diffuse profiles of sublime restraint with aluminum and light at the intersection of concept, design and form.
- Melissa Moore of moore4art is a painter who aspires to portray the importance of autobiographical emotion through the use of mixed media.
The collective formed in the fall of 2016 after members met attending the “Work of Art” series of workshops in Excelsior, MN. These workshops were developed by Springboard for the Arts and hosted in conjunction with the Hennepin County Library System. The group now meets regularly to offer both creative and commercial support to its members.